View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 02:29 AM   #72
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteef View Post
Mine blew up this week at 23k miles. Mike at x-ph.com was able to overnight me the anodized ER pipe with oem DVs. Got it in the car this morning after about 2 hours of effort. Hardest part was getting the TMAP sensor unplugged because the sound generator thing was in the way of my fat hands... One thing i'm noticing now that I don't think I previously noticed is that under high power, I'm hearing a lot of air venting from up front. Is this normal or a boost leak where I likely didn't tighten something enough?
I would recheck all the connections, etc. It took me several tries to get the charge pipe solidly coupled to the intercooler. It has been a while but I do vaguely hearing more air movement than I expected and then finally popping the CP off at the intercooler under heavy boost.

The sound generator pipe on the stock CP is a really odd thing and takes up a TON of space in what is already a cramped engine bay. I would also agree with your comment about getting the sensor unplugged. I hate it.
Appreciate 0