View Single Post
      02-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #15
JAYSY
Registered
Rep
Drives:

I put my request in to the company at the end of Oct without really even seeing the car bar a couple of crappy pics online...
I had to make a quick decision otherwise i would loose the perk of having a car.. ...
So had to decide between a Golf 2.0 GT TDI SPORT 170, Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 170 -which i took both out for 2 day test drives and this BMW coupe thing i had not sat in... !!!

So really hoping i made a good choice.. i guess i wont know till it arrives..

Chose the Beemer blind for a few reasons really...
1 Never had one, plus company maintain it so no large expenses
2 Its a brand new model
3 Never had a RWD car before
4 Golf interior was a bit tacky
5 both alternative due for new shapes later this year.. plus how many A3/Golf are on the road

In the end just thought sod it.... and went for it....
I would of had the white as it looks stunning if i could order again now if i was honest i guess .... but im pretty sure they didnt have that option back then for some reason ??? Sure further colours were added after i finalised and the car went on official release..????

So other little bit crappy thing only 120's on my company car list with SE being the best spec on offer.
Shame really as wanted the 123 when reading up....

So snap decision was for ...

120d SE
Black Sapphire Metallic Paint
17" Star spoke light alloy wheels style 262
BMW Business radio with single CD player
Bluetooth Telephone preparation
Elektra cloth - Anthracite
Elektra cloth upholstery
Model designation deletion
Titanium light interior trim
Voice control

Have a date of May for it now after a company cock up !!!! rubbish ...

currently driving a 307 1.6 hire car until it arrives... please have pity on me... if you see a 307 with what looks like no one driving then its me...

Since ordering i have seen only seen a single 1 series coupe on the road... for a split second in a traffic jam...
I do 30-40k a year and get around alot ... really surprised as i have been keeping my eye out ...

So fingers crossed it is brilliant .. .cant wait...
Appreciate 0