View Single Post
      02-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #29
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Started out as being fit but skinny and fairly strong aged 16, decided to add some weight; started out 9.25 stone, added 3 stone (42lbs); actually got a bit big to surf properly so trimmed a stone back off.

Then started running, seemed to be a natural, top 5 in a few big events. Did a triathlon, won it, did a few more, did well. Overdid the training, killed my immune system for a year; cut right back but still do plenty.

Now 40 and do home weights, trail run, surf loads (live at the beach), cycle and swim a bit. The years of weights means I can do some gymnastic upper body stuff that not many can do.

Not as competitive now but it's nice to have won a surf comp (recently), a tri and a local road run race (3.5 miles, 5m55s/mile average pace) plus placed well in a national kickboxing comp.

My aim to to maintain a very good power to weight ratio, retain a six pack but not worry much about appearance; that's for vanity driven young guys. And now my hair gets greyer, doesn't grow where it should but does grow where it shouldn't, exercise is my only "weapon!"
Appreciate 0