View Single Post
      05-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #38
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I like them (I actually miss them, I feel like I'm in a boat now with the stocks.), but I am too tall to do a long trip in them. I'm 6'8" so when the seats are in, there's no airbags, so I have to have harnesses, that means the harness bar is in, so my seat has to sit in a proper track orientation which is slightly too uncomfortable for me to drive long distance in. But I would say if you are 6'5" or shorter, it would not be bad at all.

It only takes four bolts and a plug to remove the stock seats. I can install the race seats and harness bar/harnesses in a little more than an hour. I can remove them and install the stocks in less than an hour. So, I still drive the car with the stocks and no x-brace around town. But boy were people really staring when it was all in hahaha.

As far as the "plushness" of the seat goes, well, I'm a Honda guy at heart so take it for what it is, but I like the seats. They feel so good on the track as I am sure most racing seats would.

If you decide to get them, it's a 4-6 week wait for the floor brackets. They said I would be the first one to order E9x brackets. I asked EAS if the Macht Schnell ones would work but they couldn't tell me. So @ 289 a piece, I wasn't gonna experiment. I just fabbed my own brackets for them.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 05-03-2011 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0