View Single Post
      04-23-2023, 03:57 PM   #5
Carficionado
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@simod.net View Post
I would be interested to see how the S55 pan and pump work on the N55 since they eat motors on track.. Mine ate itself on the street 83k miles

I ran oem square on both of my 135s 255/35-18 tight but no issues.

And you need to raise the car up at least 1/2 inch. It will handle better. You can also run more spring in the rear than they sell with the ISC. I own a suspension company we spec the E82 kits with 10k front 14k rear it helps them rotate better. ISC use to spec them 10k 12k which is not high enough split on the E82
I have raised the car to max of what the ISC can do, which is still a drop compared to stock. The ISCs have been great so far.

I am still collecting parts for the oil pan/pump upgrade, nothing to show there. I reached out to FCP Euro and got some answers to make sure I have the correct parts list.

I had some serious brake fade last year, did a flush this spring and had some trouble with a rusted fitting, the car is on jack stands waiting on a new brake pipe. I am now considering making the F8x brake swap a priority. A few people running 135i's for Time Attack have mentioned that they can track for much longer on the F8x rotors and calipers before overheating.
Appreciate 0