View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbintx View Post
Lol. No large turbo. Just a small supercharger, some suspension bits, brakes and sticky rubber...

I didn't say it was a fair fight. I'm just saying that there are lots of better options out there. Could my 135i put down a quicker lap time than my Miata? Maybe on the right track. But it would only be for a lap or two at most before those lap times start to increase and the Miata blows by.

And on a track that doesn't necessarily favor high-HP cars, id take my chances with my Miata against an 135i any time.
I have tons of respect for Miatas, I'll always stand up for them. But I think it's pretty fair to say the 1 is a different level of car. That doesn't mean there aren't miatas out there that wouldn't destroy one around a track. I've seen a turbo miata do a 1.23 at Streets of Willow in 100 degree heat. I was doing 1.29's. He was on slicks but still, facking fast. And it most certainly does not mean that the 1 is a better track car!
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0