View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #22
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Depending on the situation, I usually find that Tire Rack is the cheapest and best option. If you live in snow country and are in the habit of owning a set of mounted snow tires for the car(s) you drive all year, Tire Rack is seriously cheaper than any other option I've found. Usually, I look for a set of rims that are on sale and that will look good on the car in question, then get 4 snow tires to go on them, usually with TPMS sensors (unless the car doesn't use them). The prices on the wheels, tires, and sensors are the best out there, and if you have them mount everything up and balance it, I'd challenge you to find a deal even remotely as good. If you get a smaller, square set of snow tires for your car that normally uses staggered tires, the package can be very very cheap for something that looks good and works well on your car.

Then I have the dealer swap the tires each season, which runs maybe $50, and more or less insures that the tires and wheels won't be trashed (cannot be said for a lot of other installers).

All around good deal. I will make a point of asking for new tires in the future, however, thanks OP.