View Single Post
      04-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #233
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Actually I was agreeing with you. One can only go so fast, and I have been around physics long enough to realize what goes into the 'maximum safe speed' on a road... if you've ever flown over a bit of patchwork at 120 you know exactly what I am talking about - a bump at 60 can get you airborne at 120. But getting to the max speed quickly 9is what does it for me anyway so for me it's not silly since I never really drive over 80 or so. But what I cherish in my 128 is that I can pick a spot in a merge further ahead than in any other car I have driven, get up there and slip right in (unless some nimrod is stopped at the end of the ramp)

On a road like 495/695, I much prefer weaving lanes in the right lanes than pushing my car towards the safe limit of the road I'm on by passing everyone in the left lane - only point I was trying to make; didn't make it very well I spose

The one thing I don't like about the 128 is it seems there's not much to be done mod-wise past cosmetics and paltry 5-10HP gains but like I said it's way enough of a car for me.
Appreciate 0