View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 09:33 PM   #42
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
berns- the clubsports are doing a great job, you are obviously a good driver, i just seen a few on the forums coming up lately for sale from guys stepping up to mcs or jrz. for me i dont know enough about suspension and at my driver level a good single adjustable setup is good enough. i will say one thing i had koni yellows and bmw perf springs and the ast4100 with 7k/12k were much more comfortable. i had 7k up front and dropped down to 6k and i think they are a tad soft and will probably go back to 7k or 8k. i had an e93 m3 front sway and replaced it with a set of eibach front and rear which are 27mm and 16 mm solid but also swapped out my whole suspension and did rsfb at the same time so its hard to tell and really haven't had enough time to play around.

spxx
i know one shop that revalves the bilsteins here in NY, Anze suspension for some of the porsche guys but i would assume you are looking at whatever the bilsteins cost $150? and then add at least 200 possibly 300 or more for the revalve, i mean just a rebuild with changing oil is 200, adding shims and revalving and dynoing and readjusting has to be expensive. at that point your close to 500 a corner, might as well just buy a nice set. i think at the track one of the guys was saying 575 or so a corner for penskes he was having developed for his new M2.
Yeah I feel like MCS/Moton/AST has done a great job at marketing to the sports car racing series - they're on a pedestal and in my fairly uninformed opinion I think overrated. Same goes for KWs, I will probably go with Ohlins or Bilstein next.