08-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #250
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Seriously impressive looking manifold, charge pipe, and hardware. As far as aesthetics go, they knocked it out of the park with this one. That should finish off your engine bay nicely. Looking forward as always to the DIY and impressions.

BTW, absolutely loved the garage video. Looks to be fully functional without going overkill. A small lift would really complete things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Damn that's a good looking setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioZ View Post
keep it up dude! Thanks for being so consistent with your write ups!
Thanks guys! I finally got around to installing my Doc Race intake manifold This past Saturday.

I put together a very detailed write-up with a required parts list, DIY installation and dyno data. Check it out now:
http://my1series.com/2018/08/14/doc-...-dyno-results/

For a brief overview, here are some photos and a video.

Here's a graph I overlaid with the stock manifold vs Doc Race manifold. It favors the stock manifold for ambient temperature and spool RPM, but gives you an idea of the power it picks up in the midrange. This is good power under the curve. +49whp and +47wtq at 5500 RPMs. I will eventually go back to the dyno and do a 29psi pull in 70*F weather starting at 2000 RPMs with the Doc Race intake manifold for a more apples-to-apples comparison.

I tried to get a same-day dyno results against the stock manifold but I ran into some hiccups and the manifold took a lot longer to install than I anticipated.

It picked up 7whp and 20wtq at 26psi with the same tune, but unfortunately it was 20*F hotter outside this time. It also gained almost 50wtq at high boost. I do plan on going back in a couple weeks on a cool morning to get more apples-to-apples results.
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Last edited by suspenceful; 08-14-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
M3_WC1040.00
Matticus913474.50
Esteban43987.00