07-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR View Post
Kansas City BBQ. There was a kitchen fire in 2008 that gutted the entire interior of the building and all the Top Gun memorabilia was destroyed, but the owner rebuilt it and re-opened it later that year.

I've been in San Diego since 1985 and my dad was stationed at Miramar, when it was a Navy base, so I've seen the "Fightertown USA" hangar a handful of times. I love the movie and as I got older and learned about all the locations that were used for filming, it was actually spread out around San Diego County. From Downtown SD and up to Oceanside, which is about 45 minutes to an hour drive. I assumed, as a kid, that it was all shot in and around the Miramar area.

That being said, I can't wait for this to come out!
yup! I remember how cool it was when driving up the 15 and a F14 Tomcat would literally fly right over really low over the freeway when coming in for a landing. seemed like you can reach up and touch it as you look up through the sun roof!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0