View Single Post
      09-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #59
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
I really like how the M2 looks from the front, especially at certain angles when you see those rear hips flare out.

The rear end is what i really...can not take in. Competition or not, it looks too wide for my taste.

I am considering a M2 for my next car, all the teams i have visited at Nürburgring are recommending them instead of the 1M for an "everyday car", no tuning issues, no heating issues "get in and drive" but too many driver aids if you ask me.

However, there is a rumor that BMW sent out an internal memo, requesting that dealerships to cut open oil filters on the M2, M3 and M4 during oil changes and inspect for metal particles. Apparently there MAYBE the classic M rod bearing issues, as far as i know no solid proof of such a case, but everyone is on their toes checking.
Those teams are definitely correct and on point. Including Schirmer too I suppose? It's simply in another league for a dual-purpose car. The F chassis also seems to get away with less front camber. You need to get as much as you can on the E series and the common ones top out around -3 is not really enough.

The differential is also a huge leap ahead. Imo, the E46, E9x, E82 really suffered and took a step back compared to older clutch type LSDs in the day (E36, E39 etc). Imho, flame-suit on, they suck. The F8x Active M diffs go one better with a load more inputs to get a better locking behaviour. I'm curious if and how it works on decel too.

So yeah, already from factory you have far superior pieces. Pieces that if you change on a E series chassis, takes away from it's daily capabilities.

The only aids I hate is the steering, EPS sucks (for me) and BMW seem to veer further and further away from sports/driver/enthusiast cars imo. “There was a clear request for less steering effort. No one wants bad feedback—such as a steering wheel that vibrates in response to bumps in the road.”
Good read: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/st...-steering-feel
Appreciate 0