spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
That's very surprising to me - the fact that your JRZs require a 6" spring plus a 60mm helper to take up all the droop travel implies they have more than 8" of total stroke, I am surprised they are not shorter to work more efficiently at lower ride heights.

For reference, my Ohlins have under 6" of total stroke - ie a 6" spring without helper is slightly preloaded. I am going to measure the droop this weekend to figure out if my 5" springs can work or if they will require a helper.

-Mark
That's not how any of this works.

"ie a 6" spring without helper is slightly preloaded. " Do Ohlins not have adjustable spring perches? If you don't move your spring perch up when moving to the 5" spring you will be changing your ride height and bump/droop distribution and your spring will more than likely not have sag. What exactly is your goal of running a 5" spring?
Assuming he wants to avoid tire rub by running the spring perch higher on the shock. 5" front springs don't seem like a great idea, how wide of tires are you trying to run?

Still on #600ish front springs? That seems like such a high spring rate for this chassis even with aero.