09-14-2016, 12:48 AM   #193
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb
One of the best suspension write ups I have ever seen.....awesome details!!

I was looking at the CG plated when I came across this thread. I will defiantly will make my own. They obviously did no testing or calculations.

Question for the poster:
Did you account for the CG OEM spring perch deflection under load. I measured about 10 mm for the OEM spring perch. I suspect this came out a wash or close to it.

As for the rear spring compressing on a curved axis. I did a non linear analysis in Ansys and the spring rate does increase anywhere from 15-40%. This is dependent on spring wire diameter, spring length and stroke position so not a straight forward answer. I resolved the issue with the a sealed articulating spring perch placed between the helper spring and main spring. The soft helper spring works well at taking up translation by deforming as well. This made a very noticeable improvement and ride quality was a night a day difference especially over rough roads.
Curious about what type of articulating perch is that.

Any info is appropriate.

Great job to op
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0