10-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #19
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKilgore View Post
That's bad luck, and to be honest I am not surprised it happened. I have the slek lip on my 135i. When I first got it and bolted it on (without tape), there were 1/2" to 1" gaps from the bottom of the bumper to the lip because of the lack of front supports. I ended up using 3M double sided trim tape along the entire length of the top of the lip where it contacts the bumper. I then used a few books placed along the bottom of the lip with towels stacked on them to press the lip upward and let it sit overnight. I haven't had any problems and have also had the car over 100 mph on track.

I imagine that any lip will likely have the same issues just because there aren't any bolts to be used on the bottom of the bumper. If you really like the Slek lip I'd give it another shot because I know it can be done.
i think you are right. all lips have to deal with physics. I just ended up rebuying the same lip. when i receive it this time, i will make sure to use alcohol to really clean the surface of the bumper... i will also add more tape because why not? Ill update you all with either the stupidest decision i have made so far... or a win story.
fingers crossed.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0