spidertri
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 128i 6MT Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Got everything installed last Saturday.

I first tried putting the front perches at 4mm of preload and ended up lower than I wanted in the front. Mainly the ride height, but also in terms of tire to perch clearance, with a 245/40-17 RE71R on 17x8.5 ET40 there was about 3mm of clearance to the spring perch.

Luckily, when I reached out to fe1rx, before starting the install, he had a pair of his 10mm strut spacers that I was able to purchase.

Installing the 10mm spacers brought the spring up enough that I was able to reduce to 2mm of preload and have 7mm of clearance between the tire and perch. Front ride height is at 325mm, which is much closer to what I was aiming for.

I had a corner balance and alignment done yesterday and ended up at 49.5% cross weight with -3.5 camber in the front.

Initial ride quality impressions:
- Set at 10 clicks from full stiff, at lower speed you can absolutely feel the rough pavement, cracks, bumps, etc. But the suspension absorbs it with little drama. On the highway, it's amazingly smooth over expansion joints and random bumps, I'm very impressed.
- Set it to 14 clicks from full stiff, very noticeably made the suspension more compliant. Most of my previous experience has been koni based kits so it's nice to have the defined clicks and be able to feel a difference with such a small adjustment.

Heading to Carolina Motorsports Park this weekend to try it all out.

Konis and Eibachs out.

Ohlins in:

Tire to perch clearance (7mm at narrowest):
Appreciate 4
SKI-R159.00
fe1rx1396.50
asbrr543.00