10-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #30
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
nachob 's enthousiasm is ever infectious . Here are some facts around these presumed 'Canadian only' benefits:

The Canadian 1Ms had a couple other cool options.
1. As iDontRemember mentioned, they strippers came with bluetooth and heated seats standard which adds little weight but makes the wives happy.

From Sept '11 onwards, starting from US VIN 47600 and after, US strippers had Bluetooth as a headunit intergrated option (Sales code 7H9 VO codes 6FL and 6NN)

2. They also used the older tire circumference based tire pressure monitoring system that does not have TPMS sensors in the wheels so you can swap wheels without worrying about TPMS sensors, TPMS sensor rebuilds or TPMS sensor batteries.

Any 1M in the world that has the (US) locally manditory hardware TMPS, can have that coded out by removing the corresponding VO 2VB (and take out the TMPS rim sensors and receiver). Then the EU software version TMPS will automaticlly kick in! Not sure on the legal status of the EU TPMS version in US and or Canadian imported cars.
Thank you. You are too kind. : )

I forgot near the end of the run they made Bluetooth base after most 1Ms were delivered. In Canada they all came as far as I know with it as well as heated seats. I got my first one in August and at the time I didn't feel Bluetooth was that important in an m car for what I wanted and you couldn't just add Bluetooth. It was dependent on another package which I can't recall which made it a pricey add on especially if you didn't see it as important. As far as tpms i bought extra wheels and ended up buying extra tpms. I also had one fail on me and replaced it again so I found the older tpms system a cool thing if you swap wheels. Great info that you can disable it but was just convenient how it comes that way. The us system is nice but I like
The older system if you swap wheels without having to hassle with those. So yes I found those differences to be cool because i owned both versions so I appreciated them. The only thing I like more about the US version is that they extended the injector warranty on US vins and not the Canadian vins. All other recalls apply as they are safety things but not injectors. Boo. BMW. They admit injectors are lame but Canadians get screwed even though the exact same part.

I hope that helps and thanks again for the extra info.
Appreciate 0