View Single Post
      12-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #9
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
So that makes at least 3 of us 1M owners who also have Rs.
Make that four, as I also have an 'R' although of an earlier vintage. Original owner with almost 120k on the odo. It's been my trusty daily steed for the past 12 plus years. Pretty much stock, with the exception of VMR V710 wheels and tweaked exhaust system. I've considered getting a modernized R several times, but I prefer the linear delivery from the VR6 powerplant, plus the exhaust note when standing on it gives me the same kind of giggles I get when driving the 1 M. Plus it's paid for, and I don't relish forking over $40k even for the benefits of having a new car with accompanying warranty. Although each succeeding year seems to bring with it maintenance bills north of $1k, but as long as the motor and tranny holds out, and I don't total it I think it's with me for a good long while to come.

Getting the thread back on track, I've also considered having my two front wheels refinished that have been curbed, but if it's in the $150 - $200 range I think I will just buy two news. Anybody know what are the 359's going for these days?
Attached Images

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50