View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #71
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato View Post
Isn't these tires oversized for the 1er? The sidewall seems huge creating additional clearance and reducing wheel gap quite a bit. Not to mention speedo probably all whacked up? I thought the correct 235/265 tire sizes for the 1er should be 235/35/18 and 265/30/18?

Otherwise looking good. Hoping to order a square setup before the group buy cut off here.

One question. Can 245s be fit up front if I have about 1.5 degrees of camber? Thinking of doing 245 square. Thanks!
The 245/35/18 street tire would fit up front with negative 1.5 degrees of camber, as long as the spring perch is above the tire. The KW suspension would probably give you trouble if you have that suspension on your car right now, as the V-shaped springs and lower spring perch would not clear the wheel and tire. If you have suspension with linear springs, just make sure the spring perch is above the tire and there won't be any rubbing issues onto the strut.

If you are planning on putting a R-compound tire in the front, you would need a 3mm spacer in order to push the wheel and tire out from the strut tube to clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatran661 View Post
I can volunteer! By the way is it cheaper if I join the group buy but dont need shipping since I am local?
Local pick ups will receive an additional $35 discount in addition to the current pre-order discounts given of $100 and no shipping charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
Eddy, do you have any profile 2 wheel pictures on car, like the ones above?
Not on a 1-series, but here is the wheel on the front of an e46 M3:

Anthracite 18x10" ET33 Profile #2 - Front with 285/30/18 Hoosier R6 with negative 3-3.5~ degrees camber
Anthracite 18x10" ET25 Profile #3 - Rear with 285/30/18 Hoosier R6 (rear fender roll needed)