08-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by granracing View Post
I don't think it hurts to flush the brake fluid. Different pads? Eh. Novices on their first time out should be focused on learning the proper line, slowly working their way up, traffic, flaggers, and so forth. Speed should come second. I always tell students that I want them to focus on these items first and get them really down. Forget how fast you or anyone else is going. If you do this, speed will just come.

Typically the first session they do this, hurts their ego a little to have cars passing (but sloppy lines). By the third session, those other drivers are still driving sloppy lines, being more aggressive, not going faster while the driver who focused on proper lines and techniques is blowing by the other driver.

The point is to take the time to learn the right methods, and speed will come to you naturally. With your brakes and equipment, be smooth.

I started with a 110 HP Honda Prelude. It wasn't long before I was passing a lot of cars with much more HP and better suspensions. As others have said, focus on the driver.

New to the site and the 135i is my current top choice to replace my recently sold S2000 due to kids in the family. Need to reply to validate my account and thought this section would be a natural fit. Sixle, over the past several years I've compiled a lot of information that should help people like yourself with autocross, HPDE and Club Racing. It's a totally free online resource and think it'll answer a lot of your questions, so don't feel too bad plugging it: www.GoAheadTakeTheWheel.com .

Good luck and have fun out there!! Dave
Welcome to our forum. Very good advice for novice drivers
Appreciate 0