View Single Post
      09-06-2023, 08:13 PM   #1
GoldenMoose
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Learning to Maintain First Car: 2013 BMW 128i

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, so I apologize for any mistakes that I have made when posting!

I am a college student who has had an interest in cars, especially BMWs. This has further been fueled by Sreten of M539 Restorations, who I am inspired by in his diligence and effort to fix BMWs properly using OE/OEM parts.

Recently I was able to save up money for a 2013 BMW 128i that has 67k miles. Currently the car has a broken right fog lamp and a headlight bulb is not working, but so far I have really enjoyed driving it. I was warned by many people that it would be costly to maintain, and I was brought to this reality when I went in for my first oil change at a local BMW dealership, and they gave me a list of items that need to be done. I have attached a picture of the invoice.

I have only ever changed an air filter on a car, so I don't really have any practical experience with working on cars. However, I am determined to learn and buy the necessary tools and parts to get this car oil leak free and enjoy driving this "ultimate machine."

Therefore, I decided to come here and ask y'all how do I go about getting each item done? What are some tools, websites, software products (ISTA+?) that I should get my hands on?

I would really appreciate y'all!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0