View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 09:55 PM   #76
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
1. my 1M is bone stock and i'd never want to tune it.
2. i cross-shopped the Cayman R and 1M when i was buying---and chose the 1M. could have bought either.

for many of us the 1M is the perfect car. It's way more enjoyable than the M2. Not sure if you've ever driven a 1M but it's not like any other modern BMW, imo. Not one that i've driven anyways....and i've driven most of them.

Not everyone wants researched engineering. Some of us want something simple and basic. The purity of motoring.

People who tune cars may seek more enjoyment---or they might just be buying into the marketing and hype of getting a tune. Says nothing about a car.
I also think the 1M is the best stock BMW in a long time, but it could always be better, which is my point. I'd never choose any M2 series over the 1M, but I'm certainly cool with BMW making better and better versions of the M2, and I think it would have been cool if BMW did the same with the 1M (and made more in 1Ms in general.)

I mean, even Chris Harris has done some mods like an exhaust and tune on his 1M, and I'm not sure I'd say he's someone who buys into hype. He's just trying to improve the car where he sees fit.

Oddly enough, I had one friend buy a Cayman R this year and another friend sell his 1M. I probably preferring driving a Cayman a little (I also used to own one,) but the practicality of the BMW puts it over the top for me.

Either way, to get back to the OP, I likely wouldn’t trade the 1M for an M2, M2C or M2CS! I wouldn’t even trade my modded 135i for it.

Last edited by duder13; 12-06-2019 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0