nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Wow. Lively conversation.

One more stripper lover and owner here. Have been very open about my fetish in many other threads. Would never want anything but a stripper in a 1M or similar minimalist sports car. As gmx said, its ethos and not the belief that the reduced weight helps me smash eggs in the trunk more easily on the drive home from the supermarket.

I’m not saying anything about which variant will be worth more, simply that there are people out there like nachob and myself.

As always, peace.
Thank you. I never said that stripper is worth more. I thought the OP was a dealer and listed my opinion of several things. My mistake thinking it was a dealer to state that in the case of the 1M fully loaded is not necessarily the optimal configuration because of low numbers and some people like me that were offered great deals to buy a loaded or NAV unit with manual seats and I passed on them. Dealers were shocked that I didn't want the higher power seats, I Drive and NAV. Just as when I go to a dealer and asked if I could buy an RS3 in manual and they tell me if I'm on a budget I can buy a cheaper car. I was offered a lease on one of the special cars with manual seats and NAV and passed on it. Since my car has no NAV and I attend a lot of car meets I have been approached by many stating that they also were looking for a NO NAV car. Usually for manual seats and less weight. But MR Tr"10"ll jumps on and says that loaded cars are ALWAYS more valuable and that I was spreading mistruths. Even though I paid more for a ZHP without automatic and without leather seats because I wanted the bespoke Alcántara interior. So if the community here feels that loaded cars are better than so be it. I think in the case of the 1M it's not as relevant because the stripper has some things some people want and appreciate especially the lower seating position and cleaner old school cockpit. Peace to all.
Appreciate 2
JP-1M171.00
Tornado1M1209.00