Thread: For Sale in Oz
View Single Post
      08-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #970
CrustyNoodle
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

I'm planning on having mine down the Great Ocean Road at Christmas time so I'll take heed of your warnings.

I think the price and method you use to sell your car will depend on how long you are willing to wait to find a buyer. To give you an example of prices and times:
  • A manual 2008 in Cashmere Silver with nav. but no sunroof with 35k km on the clock which was first advertised about 12 weeks ago at $58.5k, about a week ago he dropped the price to $56.5k and its currently still there.
  • A manual 2009 in Cashmere Silver (again) with nav. and sunroof and nice colour interior with 11.5k km on the clock which was first advertised about 8 weeks ago for $62k. About 2 weeks ago he dropped the price to $57k - I'm pretty sure he'll be able to get $55.
  • On the up side, there was a 2009 in Qld. with 28k km, without nav. but with sunroof that sold just last week after only being in for a couple of weeks - the final price listed was $56.5k

There doesn't seem to be a particularly high premium on Nav. or sunroof - I don't think you get much more for it but I think it probably sells a little quicker.

Finally I suggest if you find someone is interested then don't let them go - sell it to them! For example, let's say they offer you $57k for your car currently at $61.8k, get them to come around and look at the car to ensure they like it and if they do but won't pay what you are asking then immediately drop your advertised price by a couple of grand. Hopefully this will encourage them to pull the trigger as they may start to get concerned that someone else will now be interested in it at the lower price. If this doesn't work then simply put the price back up again.

Good luck - they are selling but just not very quickly.