View Single Post
      10-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #49
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Hi Zach,
I recently picked up a SunJoe SPX-3000 2000psi 1.76gpm pressure washer, which did a fabulous job on my fence!
Was going to ask about tips for using it on my car, but before I do thought I ought to conduct a search. Found the Pressure Washer's article on DI Ask-A-Pro Detailer's Blog.
Best part was the pics, and this:

"Thank you for the message and we do apologize for any confusion. A pressure washer by itself generally will not give you enough cleaning power to remove all dirt and contamination. You are going to have to use a Foam Lance/Shampoo to help encapsulate dirt particles and remove them safely. I generally pair my pressure washer with a Foam Lance, spray the car, let the soap sit for a few minutes and wash with my wash mitt. The Foam Lance sprays a thick layer of soap onto the car, which allows it to sit on the surface longer and pull dirt away from the paint. Then you can remove it with a wash mitt and finally a rinse.

For the drying, you always want to dry the car, especially if you do not have a CR Spotless unit hooked up to your water supply. Water spots are caused by minerals in the water and many areas have hard water that causes imperfections when the paint is not dried off. I personally do not have a CR Spotless unit, so I use a combo of the Waffle Weave Drying Towel and a Metro Vac Master Blaster Revolution."

My Foam Lance is due in tomorrow, so hopefully come Monday the car will be shining like never before.

Just wanted to thank you for the assistance, even though I did not need to ask about it directly.
Appreciate 1