View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #172
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Little video from BW two weeks back. Quickly thrown together with Harry's Laptimer.

I wanted to test out my new oil coolers but my tranny cooler wasn't keeping up with the 150* tarmac temps so I only got in 6 laps. Was running MCS front shocks and some old Fortune 500 shocks off my M3 so I feel pretty good about the 1:59 with a sub-par suspension setup. The car is feeling good, excited for the Fortunes. I never would have thought that I'd be excited to be moving from MCS to Fortune Auto shocks. This month's projects:

- New Fortune Auto 510s going on next week
- (2) in-line CXRacing 25 row oil coolers
- (1) 19 row CXRacing tranny cooler (unfortunately I had to mount it in front of my FMIC due to space constraints).
- Some custom oil cooler shrouding
- Rear Subframe bushings (finally) - I've been running powerflex rear position bushings w/ only inserts in the front position.
- Hopefully getting the M3 steering rack installed (would love tips/tricks from others who have DIYed this
- Injector cleaning / replacement (misfires are becoming more common but INPA hasn't been working great on my laptop

Would love to get into the high 1:57s by EOY, thinks it's doable with some suspension tuning and actual seat time without stupid N54 limp mode. I'm thinking that relocating the ambient air temp sensor outside the bumper will reduce the likelihood of the DME pulling power due to high ambient temps.
berns1564.50