View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Epsilons
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Exclamation USB port problem (stop working after ~2 minutes of usage)

My 2009 BMW 128i (E82) is having issue with the USB port located under the armrest.

Things I've tried so far :
  • I checked the fuse box and the cigarette lighter fuse is fine (which also power the USB port).
  • I also removed the Cigarette Lighter / USB / AUX module, and all connection underneat were rock solid and fine. USB cable seemed brand new and with no issue whatsoever.
  • Tried 3 differents USB thumb drives, they all suffer from the same issue, they are detected and can play music just fine, but stop working for unknown reason after ~2 to 3 minutes of utilization. The Cigarette Lighter still have power when USB stop working, so not sure what is going on here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'm out of idea to fix this issue i'm having!

Unrelated to the topic but still, I noticed that in the trunk, I have 2 things that ressemble some amplifier underneat the carpet. One of them have a BLUETOOTH logo printed on it, but my car doesn't show me any Bluetooth option on the radio? Am I missing something here ?

Any kind of help is welcome, thanks !

Last edited by Epsilons; 02-18-2020 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0