View Single Post
      11-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
Dunbar
Private
Rep
Drives:

First off, they are going to have to set residuals because that is a requirement of determining a lease payment. If they set the residuals low than the 1 series will cost as much or more to lease than a 3 series coupe. And something like 3/4 of BMW sales are leases so it would hurt sales. I doubt they'll discount money factor (or off MSRP) if sales are as strong as expected. But with the 3 series coupes selling so well I doubt they're disounting those money factors either. My recommendation for the 135 is to take a 328 coupe, option it the same way, and that will give you a good idea of the lease payment.

As far as what to negotiate, that would be the selling price just like any car. Research the residuals and money factors on the internet. I think dealers are allowed to mark up money factor so make sure they aren't doing it to you. I think BMW still allows you to put down fully refundable security deposits to lower your money factor (interest rate.) That is a good way to get your lease payment down, and unlike a down payment (which is a bad idea with a lease) security deposits get refunded if you total the car.
Appreciate 0