02-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueledbymetal View Post
I have a deposit down for an agreed upon $1k over ED invoice. If the car is coming out of dealer allocation, would he get the same profit selling to me at $1k over US invoice? The reason why I ask is that I'm first on my dealer's list, but due to work & personal commitments this spring/summer is turning out not to be a good time for me to travel to Europe. I would if needed though because I don't want to miss out on the car and I think I'm getting a good deal.
What the Dealer Allocation for ED means is this. Unless the dealer is willing to essentially loose the price difference between MSRP and the %7 ~$3200 ED discount they won't offer the car up for an ED discount. Of course you can still pay MSRP and pick up the car in Munich, but you won't have any discount to help with the cost of the trip.

If you have a deposit on the price of ED + $1000 you will need to wait and see if your dealer will continue to offer this to you.

As far as timing for yourself I have heard of ED'ers flying to Munich, pick up the car drop it off and flying home. Again this only works if you can get the ED discount.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0