sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
What the Dealer Allocation for ED means is this. Unless the dealer is willing to essentially loose the price difference between MSRP and the %7 ~$3200 ED discount they won't offer the car up for an ED discount. Of course you can still pay MSRP and pick up the car in Munich, but you won't have any discount to help with the cost of the trip.

If you have a deposit on the price of ED + $1000 you will need to wait and see if your dealer will continue to offer this to you.

As far as timing for yourself I have heard of ED'ers flying to Munich, pick up the car drop it off and flying home. Again this only works if you can get the ED discount.
Are you refering to the ED MSRP or US MSRP? Because if you are refering to the US MSRP then you would be nuts to buy the car. The discount is given to BMW NA from the German gov't. The dealer is essinetely credited this from BMW NA. But between ED MSRP and ED Invoice is all dealer profit and depends on whether or not the dealer would give you a discount. This is usually 7%, sometimes up to 9% with options, as I am sure you already know. As a note my CA told me that they would be charging ED MSRP because "dealers in Cali and out west were charging $5 - 10k + above US MSRP for this car, but we have never sold a car for more than MSRP here," lol. When I talked to the Sales Manager about this back in December he said there was no chance for me to get $1-1.5k over ED Invoice. I am going to ask for at least $1k off ED MSRP. I think the ED Invoice and ED MSRP difference will be about $3.2k give or take a few hundred.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0