View Single Post
      05-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #5
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

I don't think you can ask for much better than a single-owner daily driver that had an extended warranty at that price. The last one on BaT w/ 30k miles went for $41k and most thought that was a steal for the buyer. I think mid-30s is appropriate for the higher mileage. Anything much below that has been salvage rebuild territory.

The unknowns I would think about in your shoes:

- Possible repairs even with a good PPI. I'd replace the charge pipe day one if it hasn't already been dealt with, and then wonder about clutch, battery, turbos, etc. All very manageable, but things to figure into your price.

- Resale. I'm not sure we have seen an imported Canadian example go up for sale again in the US, so that market it pretty much unknown. We know the import process is relatively straightforward, but it could be one more point of concern for the next buyer. If someone thought they could buy a Canadian car and flip it here for a profit, it would already be happening.

- Your timing for a purchase. The US inventory seems to have dried up from even a couple months ago. The only recent listings are garage queens (cornered by EAG) and those silly enough to think their mods added resale value. So you can drive a Canadian import now, or hope your ideal car goes up for sale soon in what appears to still be a seller's market. There were only 43 cars built in black w/o NAV for the US, so your potential pool is quite small.

Last edited by analogue; 05-29-2018 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0