View Single Post
      03-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #88
No_Sl33p
Rep
Drives: Bmw e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixracer View Post
Here it starts my 1M clone plus build.

A couple years back I was bitten by the bimmer bug and bought a 330ci without a motor and trans. It went through a zhp motor swap then a s54 swap. I loved it and it was all good for the track days but was looking for a fresher look. I had a VW Mk6 GTI 6sp for a daily, but my purist rwd made me long for a better DD. I traded my GTI for a auto E91. That did not last long so it got a n55 and manual swap from a 2011 135i. I was going to use that chassis for my clone but too many things went sideways so it got the full part out. I sold my e46 and found my black sport 128i slicktop and was truly impressed by it in stock form.... Long live NA power!. Currently its has headers, axle back exhaust, and 3stage IM, 135 brakes/master and wheels(waiting for apex to deliver group buy).

What are the plans. Well the new chassis is going to go oem 1M fenders/bumpers, the clone works. I am not going to be original but the guys who did the s65 swaps I will follow. I chose this car cause it was a slicktop also, I'm 6'5" on a good day and like the extra headroom. The fact that the partout will pay for the chassis is a plus to the only real out of pocket cost is the build not the original chassis.

The project will take a bit of time but I will do my best to get pics up and chronicle the journey
Can’t wait to see finished product
Appreciate 0