View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 11:25 PM   #4
AZ1
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exshipdriver View Post
I’m dealing with the same issue now. When closing the top, the plastic trim piece that the flap and front seatbelt connect through starts popping up because the left side flap is not retracting. There’s a cable that connects from the underside of the flap and the copper “Spring” low135 mentions, to the hinge support on the Deck lid that covers everything when the top is retracted. As the cover goes up, it pulls the cable and retracts the flaps. When the deck lid goes back down, it releases tension on the cables (1per side) and the flaps return to the closed position.

Unfortunately, the cable, which is like a bicycle brake cable, connects to the hinge with a tiny piece of thin plastic, and mine broke.

To get at it, loosen the seat belt loop with an Allen or Torx wrench, remove all the plastic trim, and you’ll be able to follow the cable from the copper, through the foam guide and clips, back to the hinge. If you look at the non broken (other) side, no trim removal required, you can see where it goes to and from. Just stop the top while the deck lid is in the vertical position and then prop it in place while you’re working on it. Probably easiest to work on it with the top UP and the rear cover in the up position.

Shouldn’t be too hard to replace. Just having a hard time finding the part number for the cable and metal disk that holds the plastic onto the hinge portion. Guessing it’s special order from my dealer and I can’t find a schematic on any web sites to locate the actual part numbers.

More to follow, but here are a couple of photos, if I can get them to load.

Don’t know if you finished this but is this your part?

https://www.bmwpartsdirect.com/oem-p...MtMGwtbDYtZ2Fz
Appreciate 0