10-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Its not broken. I think BMW actually sets the speed limiter to 261 kph (for all M cars). And since we know the speedo shows plus 5% that would account for the 274 kph that most 1M's say they have seen/driven.
God that was about when my wife made me back off! OK, I am gonna check that one too whenever conditions come together By the way, another 1M owner from Chile (prefer not to give his username) claimed he topped a bit over 290 km/h on the speedo in his stock car. This makes around 280 km/h as real (read: just drag limited) top speed, if the claim is true.

Another note before completing the hijacking of this fine thread (sorry Artemis just scientific chat) is some German tuners charge you a bit to delimit your 1M as a stage 0.1 category tune and claim the unlimited car goes 280 km/h. For instance, Alpha N web site has that option among their various stages of tune. Maybe not in Germany but I believe at least for some markets there is no top speed regulator in stock 1Ms at all. Truck drag already holds you safe up there.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0