Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLSM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw View Post
Unfortunately, even hood pins can't make it fit right up front and there's about a 6" length that is at least 1/4" lower than the fender on the upper left side. Very noticeable. Mario was going to call twice but never did, so I turned the matter back over to HPF to pursue. For all that money and an 8 month wait, either I get a hood that fits right or I want my money back.
Did you try adjusting the hinge upwards? If its the same area that I was seeing, I just had to loosen the bolts that secure the hinge to the body and slide it slightly upwards. Take a pic if possible...
The fitment test was done professionally by Horse Power Freaks (HPF). They do a lot of hoods, trunks, lips, etc. and, in their pro opinion, this was not a good fitment. Hood pins could not resolve the front issue and nothing could fix the dip on the left edge issue. They sell iCarbon products and recommend getting a replacement or money back. My decision.