View Single Post
      07-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #206
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Hi I take the name Scott from the famous "Explorer" not my real name as I am born with a German name and German identity. I work in marketing within BMW especially "Creative Marketing"which goes on everywhere - Wherelse do you expect to find "insider"info regarding latest strategies ? There is no official inside sources in these automotive businesses because it is senior management letting you know through sanctioned leaks the score because it generates maximum publicity for the company.

It is true we mix things up to continue the debate by ading fiction to fact which only increases the appetite for debate. Some of my latest examples in media creation and presentation including the M3 presentation and the X5 which was a very exciting concept and recently worked on the MINI Clubman which officially arrives next Tuesday.
I did not work on the 1er Coupe but will shortly commence on the 1er cabrio which will be the polar opposite of the Coupe's Intensity concept - Think the Coupe towards male buyers and the Cabrio with female buyers.

I think we have about 18 months before the M1 debut as BMW are planning an extensive development programme.
Many within BMW see the 1er Coupe as such an Emotional response to what BMW achieved with their small cars from 1600- E-30 M3 cars that officially over generations created the excitement and success within BMW today.
There is an opportunity to engage the tri-color entry coupe segment now that the 3er and M3 has moved upwards.
And there is great support and enthusiasm to make this happen.
Appreciate 0