View Single Post
      12-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
Meltzt
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 135i

2012 135i 6MT No Reverse

I actually just bought a 2012 135i 6MT N55 on Friday from a small dealership in Colorado which is about an 8 hour drive for me as I am located in Kansas and it was great the whole test drive and after the purchase when I drove it home. I got the car home and still everything was working fine but later that night I went to back out of the driveway and I couldn't get my new car to go into reverse. I can get the shift knob to go about 3/4 of the way into the reverse gear but not all the way fully engaged. When I let the clutch out the shift knob just pops out of reverse back to neutral. If I try to force it in to reverse I can hear a higher pitched grinding noise. I've read a lot of older posts about what could be the problem but it seems that everyone is just ending up buying a whole new or slightly used transmission. I was able to get it into reverse twice very difficultly by feathering the clutch and just finding a sweet spot although there was still grinding noises when I finally got it to go into reverse those 2 times. Also all other gears 1-6 work perfectly fine with no issues. I am taking the car to a local shop tomorrow and they are going to take a look. Looking for any new information or anyone else that has had the same problem and has found a solution. Any advise could help. Thanks !
Appreciate 0