06-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #71
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
I just had these pipes installed on my 135 and I swear it feels like its rubbing the chassis. I can feel the whole car vibrating more than before (And I had other DPs on there before). Additionally when I turn the car off it feels to me that the pipes rattle against the chassis. I'm going to get it up on a lift later and take a look. Don't believe it's installer error either it was done by the dealer while they replaced my turbos.
I do apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing, the V2s were designed to eliminate this kind of problem with inexperienced installers but it seems we didn't make them completely fool proof

Taking an aftermarket part to a dealer and expecting the same result as an Indy isn't going to result in a great install. The dealer is accustomed to installing parts that only fit one way. Since these have no brackets to fix them in one position, an inexperienced aftermarket parts installer can easily overlook clicking the downpipes correctly.

We've sold over 200 of the V2's and haven't had one issue that didn't involve install error. We also had a couple sets sent out to replace previously misfitted sets and they've been praised for the amount of clearance in comparison.

I suggest taking it to a place that's familiar with installing non-oem parts if you want to rule out the installer.
Appreciate 0