04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #48
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
Slightly cheeky comment from me here but if DMS say "they had tested replacing the secondary and primary cats with bypass pipes, but it made very little difference" (even though that flies in the face of everyone else's testing...) what are you hoping for from the GT Haus pipes? ;-)

Obviously Evolve can supply and fit some quality decatted DPs for you if you are looking for a UK supplier. Personally, I recommend it, but it does make the car a fair bit louder at start-up. If you're going to Ace Cafe I'll try to leave mind off long enough to do a cold start to demonstrate!
Hehe nothing cheeky in your comments at all

DMS have only tested a catback system as far as I know and said they didn't record noticeable gains. I don't believe they have tested with secondary and primary cats removed. This was literally off the back of a 5 min conversation where I said "shall I replace the exhaust" and was told "we've seen little gains from doing so".

The reason I'm interested now is that I heard Shane's car last weekend and liked the way it sounded with the N55 pipe fitted so I'm close to doing this myself. However I'm still wondering if it's not just worth going the whole hog and changing the catback as well. Basically I don't want to fit the N55 pipes then have to ditch them for something else if I change the exhaust. I also heard Matts car with the Eisenmann system and that sounded mean as well.

However having heard the sound clip on the first page of this thread with the N55 and exhaust fitted, it sounds spot on. There is so much choice with exhausts out there that I'm struggling to pick one, but if it's sound alone, then I like the sound of the exhaust and mid pipes on this thread

So these downpipes Evolve supply, do they remove both secondary and primary cats?

Is there any list of which systems provide the best power increases also?
Appreciate 0