View Single Post
      01-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #47
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
I've been digging around into flashing lately, its so much more preferable over JB3's hard-wire rigging. I don't doubt the quality of ESS from anything I've read, but the Cobb unit also seems like a pretty strong contender, aside from some (understandable) initial roll out hiccups.

So I'm betting they're both quality products. So then the question of cost becomes much more relevant.

First off, I'm not trying to belittle or promote either unit. I am, however, considering dropping almost a grand here and I'd like to make an informed decision.

If I understood it correctly, the Cobb offers (or will offer) multiple stages for one price, but ESS charges $300 for additional tunes. The Cobb unit will have free updates and future stages available online, will the ESS offer something comparable? The Cobb unit can also be used to monitor various engine functions. Does the ESS?

Someone correct me if any of the above points are wrong or if I'm missing something. I'll gladly take a little flaming if it means I end up spending $1000 more wisely.

Our Direct Flash for the N54 comes with stage 1 and stage 2 software for $995. This also includes the option for catless downpipes if requested. The only additional cost would be for custom maps or dealer updates. Our dealer update option gives the customer instant access to the latest tuned version of his / her BMW software if the dealer happens to update the vehicle with a new version of software. With instant file updating there is no waiting or down time for software updates to become available. This provides the customer the piece of mind that they will always have a working product regardless the version of factory software that is installed in the car.
Appreciate 0