View Single Post
      06-22-2022, 03:29 AM   #143
SgtChaos66
Registered
Rep
Drives: E87 130i 6SPD

Second A45 mental. A good friend in the UK is a prestige car salesman in The Lake District so every time I'm home he has a few toys to show me. The last one was a BMW coupe twin-turbo thing with 4wd, was weird getting sideways on roundabouts and feeling the front end pulling plus he said it was down on power because it was low on fuel haha. new cars are mental but they just feel too digital now, might as well have electric.

Be interesting to hear the long story, sounds like you did pretty well.

Your mate might be struggling with lack of power downgrading from 135i, but if he's good at what he does and has a good foundation he willl be back to m135i or M1 in a few years .

Yeah, I had a look, I think it was the imbalance that put me off. But I'm on the lookout as I'm doing them all soon, so if there's a pair to be had ill take them. Slotted on sparebox is well over $200 haha. you did well.

Maybe it had a good engine flush before you bought it, I'm too hesitant to open any wounds haha. But yeah mine still ticking heavy...annoying unless I drive it as it was stolen. What oil are you running?

Haha good on you! for what looks like a well-paid button-pusher yeah, my biggest issue with the jack stand is the lack of easy torque wrench usage. Although for cars outside of the engine I don't think it's that critical.

I get some flak too, work loves the old Big Money Waster line anytime theirs a potential issue haha, to me if you fix it yourself it's money in your pocket.

Regarding Luddo ill drop a private message. Life is busy for everyone these days but the stars may align. Be good to see what you and your boys have done to the e87.
Appreciate 0