View Single Post
      02-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
0nePutt
Rep
Drives: 135is, GS430

I did but it is quite a story. When I bought the car I bought an aftermarket warranty to cover the turbos when they went. Wastegate rattle was horrible, got quoted $7,100 for new turbos from the dealership. I said great - my warranty will cover this. Nope. We went back and forth about what was covered and they wouldn't budge because of the technicalities of the wastegate and how it's "not a piece of the actual turbo". I took it to every BMW dealership and shop I could find to see if they could quote me something my warranty would cover. The service manager at my local dealership recommended I get a lawyer involved because I was being scammed. The warranty company, Endurance, is a complete scam. They had an arbitration clause stating any disagreement had to be settled outside of court and in Illinois and it just wasn't worth it. The service manager at my dealership replaced my turbos with new ones at 130k miles for $500 even. Hard to believe. But I could tell he knew what I was going through and was just an all around good dude. Good people still exist.
Appreciate 0