View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 02:18 AM   #331
whatsisname
Rep
Drives: Various - Euro and Japanese

GTX3584RS 1.01 Dyno Results

Hope you don't mind me intruding once again? Just wanted to congratulate you on an excellent result and that engine bay!

From what I have seen thus far the GTX3584RS seems to deliver peak results at approximately 32-33psi, possibly a touch higher. I base this statement on real world results across a range of platforms and from crunching the numbers using the compressor map. Lots of variables at play here of course but the real world results certainly seem to match the theory.

As for my GTX3584RS 1.01 combo, I finally managed to head back to the dyno and commence tuning after strengthening the bottom end in my old RB25/30.

We encountered a slight set-back with the ignition breaking down whenever boost was increased above ~24psi. But a stout 505rwkw (Dynotech/Dyno Dynamics roller dyno) at 24psi was a reasonable starting point. A quick upgrade to R35 ignition coils solved the misfire issue. The next issue was Injector DC hitting 96%. That put a stop to the party at a max of 29psi boost. There is certainly more in the GTX3584RS 1.01 combo'.

Ambient conditions were a bit average on the day but near enough to 550rwkw at 29psi is a good result. Here's the dyno run:

Last edited by whatsisname; 01-08-2019 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0