View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

LOL.. Yeah I know.. You would be surprised how much parts for the Z were when it was in its prime.

Amuse Ti Exhaust 3.5K
Ohlins Suspension 3.5K
Engine build 12K
ECU 2.5k
HKS Turbo kit 8k
Rays Te37 with tyre 6k
Stoptech BBK 6.5K
Nismo twin plate 2k
Quaife diff 2k
etc

46k just for some of the core components without misc parts like return fuel system upgrades, sensors, rose jointed bushes, traction arms, arc radiator, air/oil/ps coolers, and unfortunately the list goes on and on. Now I feel sick.. I just keep saying that I have amortized it over 10 years so it has been only 5k a year

I'm genuinely concerned since the 1M attracts euro pricing and is partially niche market. My only saving grace is that I'm good with my hands so never had to pay labour. I need to do more research in this area though.

The plan is (if all goes well) is to keep it simple. Basic supporting mods like exhaust, front pipes, IC, suspension and ecu. I will need to research the limits of the oem fuel system and hopefully stay within those limits and be satisfied. No turbo swaps nor internal engine upgrades. Just keep it simple and enjoy it.

Never been a dyno queen, don't care about the kw nor the 1/4 mile. To be honest have no idea what my car will do down the 1/4.

Just after a car that goes well, handles the twisties and brings a smile to my face every time I get into it.

PS: In relation to some 1M specific stuff above I have made some broad sweeping statements so don't flame me for this as i'm still researching.

Last edited by MR RIZK; 03-22-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0