Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M, Z4 M, M2C, M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogitoergosum View Post
Here's a link to the google doc and the relevant forum posting I'm referring to:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544689
That original registry spreadsheet is out of date and has errors in it. I made a different one for US and Canada cars a while back that includes build options and other tidbits of info as I come across them (and some interesting filters):
BMW 1M US/Canada

I decided to try this out with just Canada cars since the cost would be lower. It takes a bit of reading tea leaves, and it is only as good as the source data (AutoCheck), but it does reveal some trends.

There is one car (VP76133) that was never registered. Maybe this is BMW Canada's museum piece?

29 cars (~13%) have their most recent registration in the United States.

20 cars (~9%) have not been registered in the last 2 years, so those could be exports, salvages, or hiding in collections. Autocheck's accident/salvage information for Canada cars isn't great. I'm guessing it would be better for US cars since 4 of the 29 Canada cars in the US have salvage titles.

So around 22% of the sold cars do not appear to be registered for Canadian roads anymore. Not terribly surprising which provinces the remaining cars are in today:
ON: 66
BC: 58
QC: 32
AB: 27
SK: 3
MB: 1
NB: 1
NF: 1
NS: 1
I own one the one that's never been registered. VP76133. It's located in AB but was originally sold in Quebec.
Appreciate 1