09-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #38
Angel67
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel67 View Post
You probably know that the guide rod balljoint is the same. That's what Fe1rx used and that's what the Meyle balljoints I used are made for. I have not looked into whether the upper camber arm bushing is the same dimensions but I suspect it would be since the bolts are the same. I will check later. I have an arm in my garage. But that is only on the inboard side. The outboard side, which connects to the knuckle, has a tapered shape not a flat shape, so it would not work without either some machining or some sort of washer.

a

Stay tuned
I took a look at my OE upper camber arm and the dimensions of the bushing with the flat edges is the same so I would think interchangeable with the balljoint in the guide rod or equivalent. However, they are not identical to the toe/trailing arm bushings because the shell is a bit wider on the upper camber arm bushing (33.5 vs 25 mm). The bushings in these two arms on the outboard side with the tapered edges seem to be a couple of mm wider but probably doesn't matter if replacing with a balljoints, although the edge will have to be machined to a taper.

a

Stay tuned!
Appreciate 0