View Single Post
      03-21-2022, 10:56 AM   #4
sizablepants
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 135i @Driving_This_Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
I have the Koni Yellows + Eibach lowering springs, GC street camber plates (at -3 camber front and rear), and M3 front sway bar, and I like this setup a lot for a dual purpose car that sees everything from NYC roads to winter snow/ski trips and track days. It's great on the street and I did about 12 track days last summer (6 days at Watkins glen). Although it is on the soft side for the track and does roll a bit in the turns that's my only complaint to be honest. It's something you notice, but it doesn't cause an issue if that makes sense (unlike my brakes which were overheating, THAT was a problem). Personally I just love the simplicity of having fixed ride height, one adjustment (full stiff for track) and the reliability of the OEM strut design. Years ago I had JRZ RS1 on this car and then switched to JRZ RS2 and on track those are simply next level, but it was just overkill on street and I don't have time for maintenance or rebuilds so I sold them and opted for the Koni setup.

As a disclaimer I also have the M3 control arms front and rear, M3 RSFB, half cage, race seats and harnesses, so that all adds to the handling and feel of the car (especially the half cage).

I don't know much about ISC coilovers but the description makes them sound quite good. Bimmerworld can probably give you some info ok the ISC kit, their customer service is helpful and more importantly unbiased from my experience with them.
Do you have a custom half cage?
Appreciate 0