View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #12
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3d_1M View Post
Love this car! Looks incredible! Have you considered Sikaflex? Its a silicone that is used for mounting windscreens! Iv used it to secure splitters and a bootspoiler and it never came off or lifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
I just bought another Boca GTS front carbon lip and rep at the company suggested I use 3M 5200 adhesive sealant and self tapping screws. Don't need to use the double-sided tape with it. I haven't used it yet but I don't think it's as messy as Betalink but it's definitely a more permanent solution like Betalink. You CAN take this stuff off with something like Anit-bond.
Thank you both! I mounted the lower lip to the upper last night using probond adhesive promoter, 3m tape and a handful of self tappers. I kept heavy pressure on the taped areas for a couple hours and the whole thing feels like one piece now, very solid. Still waiting on my carbon fang overlays (delayed by customs from germany) before I mount the front lip to the bumper. I planned on adhesive promoter, tape, epoxy, AND self tappers lol I want it to be very solid
Appreciate 0