Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
I'm just saying, high performance street tires won't wear away instantly like PSS or something less.

Auto cross involves a bunch of skidding and sliding on the tires. This is where wear truly occurs. At a track, you don't see this as much so you don't need to worry about wear rates as much as you're trying to contribute

I'll give my review of the Stones tomorrow. I'll be running them
Yeah, you're probably right but I think they won't be as grippy as the semi-slick tires.

I'm waiting with impatience for your review Could interest me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I prefer not to use the R888 for street driving. It feels quite firm on the road due to the difference in sidewalls. There is a LOT of noise from the R888, and it sounds a bit like a tractor tire. I use it to drive to one of the circuits that is 170km from home, but I'd rather not use it more than that.

If you want to use it on the road as well, maybe consider the Yokohama AD08. I haven't used it personally, but I've seen it on a nicely-tuned 135i that is more powerful than mine. Its a good tire that is worthy of track duty, but I feel that it will probably give up second or two to a R-comp.
As you, I won't use the track tires for the street driving: I won't be able to warm them up and they will wear like nothing... I know R888 are quite noisy.

Speaking about the AD08, any review of their R version? I mean AD08R?
Appreciate 0