TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post
I'm in the camp that making a list for any car to be determined the best of its breed is going to be finalized with subjectivity...too many great cars to pick from here. My $0.02, and for my values, the 1M is the best of my M car ownership history, which includes worthy cars like the 95 M3 or E46 M3 6mt. The what makes a real M car/engine debate will be a topic (painfully) forever...next up, when they move away from internal combustion. My F80 ZCP was a "real" M car on paper, but the 1M just exploited how dilluted these cars have become...artificial steering feel, sound, etc. Their focus has become trying to appease a wide demographic in the quest for sales volume and brand building than a specialized, niche product they once were imho.
Agreed which is why I never focused on engine. Things in a car will change over time to meet regulations or whatever but what's one thing that will never be subjected to such rules? The chassis. It's inevitable that BMW, a volume manufacturer, will go to alternative energy and the ICE will cease to exist but chassis development will still remain.
Appreciate 0